Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"Love"ly Thoughts - Day 2

"...your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth." Psalms 26:3



That road looks pretty long, doesn't it? 

It's going to take those tiny legs a very long time to reach the end - that is, it would if she were walking alone. 
But she's not, and neither are we.

I think one of God's best promises to us is that He is always with us. 
This verse says that His LOVE is ever before us. 
Guiding. 
Directing. 
Leading.
He's holding the road map of our lives in his hands. 

What a beautiful thought - that He loves us SO much that He has not only planned out every detail of our lives, but goes before us like the ultimate GPS.  I guess you'd call that God's Positioning System. Umm...yeah.

Listen, I don't know about you, but sometimes my roads get pretty long. 
They are full of muddy holes and rocks and tin cans and sometimes a cowpie or two. 
I feel a lot like the sweet girl in the photo, just putting one foot in front of the other. Trudging along focusing on the ground in front of me. Trying not to step in anything.
And that's where I go wrong. 

See, the second part of this verse, this awesome promise, is "I walk continually in your truth"
Uh....that means I need to stay in His word, the Bible, the roadmap. That's what it's there for you know. To guide us in His will for our lives. It's full of evidence of His LOVE for us, yet we by-pass it so often for the latest self-help book. The hippest devotional study by a young, relevant, cool pastor. The quickie e-mail daily devotional. All to save us time or keep us relevant. 
In case you wondered, God's word is ALWAYS relevant. And it's never a waste of time to read it.

Funny how on the days that I take time to just read my Bible - no organized study, no devotional to guide me - just me and my dog-eared and much underlined copy of God's word, my steps on the long road are so much easier to take. That road is much smoother and there aren't so very many cowpies either. 

Because His LOVE is ever before us, when we take the time to continually walk in His truth, he can show us the right direction to follow. 


Rest in that truth today.

With a Courageous Heart, 
~~Robin



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for today's post. Dealing with a "bump" in my road this afternoon. Not sure if I should jump over it - or right into it.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage comments provided they are respectful to all. A respectful exchange of ideas is a good thing so tell me what's on your heart too. I reserve the right to not publish any comment containing crude or offensive language or any that would disparage someone else.