Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Grace - It's Not Just Something We Say at Dinner


I have a celebrity crush.

I read just about everything he writes because he makes me laugh, makes me think and kicks me in the pants. Not literally, that would be weird.
My daughter would call me a "fangirl". Whatever that means.

Want to know why I am such an avid "fan"?
Because this guy is real.
Just lay it all out there, good, bad, ugly, funny, spiritual and not-so-spiritual.
Real.

We need a lot more "real" people in our world.
People who are willing to say, hey, I'm not perfect, but I'm trying.
People who understand Grace.

I've been working on a piece for this blog over the past few days that's going to cause a lot of different reactions in those of you who read it.
And frankly, as much as I KNOW I have to write it, but publish it too, I'm feeling timid.

Because there are way too many people who have received Grace that have forgotten how to give it.

As a writer and blogger, you put yourself out there every time you hit the "publish" button on a post. Sometimes it scares me because I don't know how it will be received, but I publish it anyway because that's what having A Courageous Heart is all about, right?

Then there's the whole Obedience thing - and having lived in disobedience for so long, I don't want to visit that land anymore. So, I hit "publish" and know that God will do with it what He will.

It's all about Him anyway.

Which brings me to the point of this post - meet my celebrity crush - Jon Acuff
He published a blog post today on his blog Stuff Christians Like that just blew my mind.
Well, most of his stuff blows my mind because his writing challenges me and encourages me in just the right way - snarky wit and all. Thanks Jon. No, for real, thanks.

Today's post affected me so deeply because of what I know is coming soon to this blank canvas I call a blog. And oddly, it gives me courage.

So, you guys need to read this.

Why do Christians lie so much? - by Jon Acuff

I don't know what grace hurdle you're facing right now, but I know that many of you are and I pray that what Jon had to say today will give you courage to continue too.
Because grace isn't just something we say at dinner.
As Christians, it's the world we need to inhabit.

With a Courageous Heart,
~~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage comments provided they are respectful to all. A respectful exchange of ideas is a good thing so tell me what's on your heart too. I reserve the right to not publish any comment containing crude or offensive language or any that would disparage someone else.