Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I Feel His Pleasure

There's that moment, in the middle of what to some would be a mundane task.
The moment that you know you are right smack dab in the middle of God's purpose for your life.
You know He's working out His plan and you feel His pleasure.

To others it's a motion that deserves no more than a passing thought.
It's a stop in time that could, by many, be done on auto-pilot.

But not you.
Your heart catches in your chest and you feel your eyes become wet with tears of joy and the only thing you can do is stop.
You close your eyes, hold your hands up to the sky and tilt your head back and you can feel your Creator smiling right into your soul.
He's singing His song over you and it rolls in waves over your heart.

And you just whisper "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

The tears roll down your cheeks in the small miracle of that moment.
When everything is at peace in your heart.
When all is as it should be because you know you are where you are supposed to be, doing what you are supposed to do and it is bringing Him glory.

My heart is bursting wide open today.
I was just granted one of those moments of precious, joyful worship of the God who loves me more than anyone deserves to be loved.
Because I know, I know, that I'm right where I'm supposed to be and He's working out His plan for my life.



I am reminded today of the Olympic runner Eric Liddell.
He's probably most well known because of the movie about his life - Chariots of Fire.
He knew he was called to the mission field in China, but God had also made him a gifted runner. And as he worked out his faith publicly - refusing to run the race he had trained for because it fell on the Sabbath - God honored his faithfulness and in an unforeseen turn of events, Eric Liddell ran an entirely different race.
One he had not trained for.
But he won Gold.
And gave the glory to God.
And the whole world witnessed it.

He is often quoted as telling his sister - whom he would eventually join on the mission field in China, "I believe God made me for a purpose - for China. But he also made me fast. And when I run, I feel His pleasure. To give it up would be to hold Him in contempt. You were right, it's not just fun. To win is to honor Him."

Eric Liddell had felt the small miracle of his moment of worship as he used his talent for God's glory and he knew that the world could see Christ in him.
Another quote says this -
"We are all missionaries...Wherever we go, we either bring people nearer to Christ 
or we repel them from Christ."

And that's all I ever want anyone to see in me - Christ Jesus.
Nothing I ever do is for me or my glory or fame or renown - but all to make Jesus famous.

With a Courageous Heart,
~~Robin

1 comment:

  1. Love, love LOVE that quote from Eric Liddell! One of my faves and now I want to go watch that movie again. :) Thanks for the encouraging word Robin!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage comments provided they are respectful to all. A respectful exchange of ideas is a good thing so tell me what's on your heart too. I reserve the right to not publish any comment containing crude or offensive language or any that would disparage someone else.