Monday, June 9, 2014

Even Me


"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people..." - 1 Timothy 2:1

God, you want us to pray. 
To pray for and about everything. 
You expect us to pray 
for everyone.

Even the unlovely.
Even the prideful.
Even the hateful.

For the liars and the control-freaks, 
for the thieves and the bullies
for the gossips and the murderers.

In other words, 
you want us to pray for others
and
you want us to pray
for ourselves.

Change me O God. 
Align my heart with yours. 
Fix my eyes on you and help me see,
with your eyes,
through your heart. 

Grace, mercy, compassion and healing
are what you offer. 
To all. 

To ALL

Even the ones we hate. 
Even the ones we fear. 
Even the ones we don't understand. 

Even ME
Even me.  

With a Courageous Heart, 
~~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage comments provided they are respectful to all. A respectful exchange of ideas is a good thing so tell me what's on your heart too. I reserve the right to not publish any comment containing crude or offensive language or any that would disparage someone else.