Friday, May 16, 2014

The Mystery We Can Trust

"Just as you cannot understand the path of the wind or the mystery of a tiny baby growing in its mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the activity of God, who does all things." 
- Ecclesiastes 11:5


I love how no matter where we read in the Bible, it's consistent. 
Both Old and New Testament tell us that God is unknowable, a mystery, and it's impossible for us to understand his ways. 
 
Romans 11:33 says: "Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways!" 

Isaiah 55:8 says: "“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine."" 

Honestly, I wouldn't want to serve a God who claimed to be our Creator, our Savior and the King of us all if I could understand him. 
Where is the awe and wonder and mystery in that? 
Makes him kinda ordinary, right? 

So, even though at times it's hard to figure out what he's up to in our lives, we can trust that his word is true. 
We can trust that he knows better than we do what it is that we need. 
And we can trust that he knows where he's taking us. 

He's already written our future and he knows the end of our story. 

That's the God I want to put my trust in, one who will walk with me through the pages of my life as the story unfolds. We may not like the twists and turns at times, the story will cause questions and doubts and fear, but since he knows how it ends, it's all good. 
He's got this, we don't need to worry.
We can trust his word.

"Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely." - 1 Corinthians 13:12 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage comments provided they are respectful to all. A respectful exchange of ideas is a good thing so tell me what's on your heart too. I reserve the right to not publish any comment containing crude or offensive language or any that would disparage someone else.