Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Silent Time

"You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth.  My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever." - Psalm 73:24-26


It's been a while since I've met you here. 24 days to be exact.

24 days that life has overtaken me and I've allowed my circumstances to dictate my actions.
24 days of silent time.

The enemy and I have been in a battle, he and I, and I've been losing. Giving in to thoughts and feelings that at times have threatened my existence in the victory I know I have in Christ.

I hate this battle.
Hate these times that I just can't shake the voice of the one who calls me 'less than'.
Worthless.
Unloved.
Foolish.
Abandoned.
Ridiculous.

As a child of God, I'm supposed to be able to rebuke him. To brush him away like a crumb from my sleeve.
But it's not always that easy.

He knows my weaknesses. My soft spots. The places in my heart that are still vulnerable to his lies about who I've been, who I am now and who I'm destined to be. 

"I'm a mess." I confessed to a dear friend earlier this week, pain spilling out of my heart and onto the table between us.
The good news is that even when we don't feel the presence of God, can't sense His tangible force that guides us, He is always with us.
And He makes sure to connect us with the ones who can speak the most pertinent truth into our lives at the time.

My friend knows me well, we "get" each other spiritually and emotionally, having walked some of the same paths over the years. And God being God, He gave my friend the exact words I needed to hear.
Words that would allow me to find my victory in Christ again and kick the enemy to the curb.

"Robin, you need to remember that there are people out there who need what you have to offer. Who need to hear and read what God has put in your heart to share. You need to get back to work."

And with three simple statements, I remembered once again who I am.
More specifically, WHOSE I am. 
And the work that He's given me to do.

Time to get to work again.

With a Courageous Heart,
~~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage comments provided they are respectful to all. A respectful exchange of ideas is a good thing so tell me what's on your heart too. I reserve the right to not publish any comment containing crude or offensive language or any that would disparage someone else.