Monday, October 28, 2013

Our Provider



“Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.” ~ 1 Timothy 6:17

My friend Anita Haines shared this testimony on her Facebook timeline yesterday. It spoke to me deeply, right where I'm at today and with her permission, I'm sharing it here with you. 


"I was reminded last night of the precious names of God as I traveled the prayer walk during our Relax & Reclaim Women's Event at Cypress. We were encouraged to prayerfully walk through stations around the sanctuary where posters were candlelit revealing a specific name of God along with a verse of scripture. I could have claimed any one of the names of God to fill a current need in my life right now.
Each one spoke softly to me.
Each one brought me comfort.
But as I slowly made my way around the sanctuary my heart started beating faster and stronger with each new candlelit station. I knew in my heart the specific name I was searching for more than any other. Today as I reflect, I smile to think it’s just like God to make me wait for it. I think He wanted to remind me first of all He is, does and has done for me.
As I approached the very last station my heart was racing and my emotions won over and the tears welled up in my eyes and quietly rolled down my cheeks. And of course, feeling like I have to appear to have it all together I caught the tears and tried to hide the affect it all had on me.

Why do we women feel like we have to be super heroes all the time?

“Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.” ~ 1 Timothy 6:17 I stood there quietly in front of the name "Jehovah-Jireh" ~ God is my Provider.
Not a new name of God to me by any means. He has shown Himself over and over through his provisions for me, for my husband, for my children and for our family. The Lord has always provided and at times and in circumstances that seemed so dismal to us. As I stood there, thinking over our current reality I realized it's not about what we do, what we have, or at times not have. It's not the job that gives the paycheck or lack thereof. I found comfort last night with this reminder.
No matter what our circumstances are at any given time God is our Provider so I can take a deep breath and rest assured that He’s got us covered. Last night I left that holy place feeling comforted and assured, thankful that He led me there.
God always has a way of doing just that doesn’t He?

Today as I sorted through the mail my eyes fell upon something that caused my heart to begin to beat fast. As I opened and started to read the letter I got that sick in the gut feeling like the rug was just swept out from under me. You know that feeling… like the one that makes it hard to take a deep breath, the one that keeps you awake at night or makes you want to crawl into a ball and cry or maybe even scream at the top on your lungs? My thoughts quickly go back to last night and the reassurance I found in “Jehovah-Jireh”.
God knew I was going to open this letter today so He met me last night to prepare me. He reminds me that HE is my provider regardless of the words on a page and I know I truly do believe that. I’ve seen it before in much worse situations. But man oh man is it hard to take that deep breath at times and just let go of the fear and to just TRUST. “He's got this” is what I keep repeating in my head tonight. It's not my job to worry about it and I'm walking in total disobedience when I do so.
Anyone else know what I mean or been there?

Scripture tells me, "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?” ~ Matthew 6:26. So tonight I am choosing to trust.
I’m choosing to believe.
I’m really really really trying hard to choose to not worry.
I’m taking that deep breath and asking the Lord to show Himself and His goodness to me and to us in our reality in a really big way. I’m choosing to put my hope in Him and I’m choosing to enjoy His rich provisions for me.
I’m choosing to believe that He is MY God… MY Jehovah-Jireh… MY Provider"

~~With a Courageous Heart, 
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage comments provided they are respectful to all. A respectful exchange of ideas is a good thing so tell me what's on your heart too. I reserve the right to not publish any comment containing crude or offensive language or any that would disparage someone else.