Friday, February 1, 2013

"Love"ly Thoughts - Day 17 A Love that Never Lets Go

Hello friends,
I'm sure you enjoyed my friend and Guest Blogger, Julie Salva's post yesterday. Here's more from Julie's heart to encourage you today.
With a Courageous Heart,
~~Robin
P.S. I miss you guys!


"Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady;  keep a firm grip on you." - Isaiah 41:10 / The Message

 

I remember when our son, Matt, was maybe 4 or 5 years old.  I don’t know what it is at that age, but anything he would find remotely intriguing was to be found on the opposite side of the street.  The kid could dart across the street quicker than I could turn around!  So, we obviously got in the practice of hand holding….and I mean TIGHT hand holding.   You know the type I mean……white knuckle, strong grip, rubber cement, “ain’t letting go” hand holding!  I knew, when I was holding Matt’s hand, no harm would befall him.  More importantly, HE knew when I was holding his hand, that no matter what….he was safe.  That’s because he knew I loved him so much that I would never let go.

Isaiah 41:10 offers believers that same promise.  God gives us His assurance that He is not letting go….he has a “firm grip” on us!   In these trying times, it is easy to want to “run to the opposite side of the street”, isn’t it?  We think we can find something better over there, maybe the answers to problems, maybe a quick fix, or maybe just a “better view” if you will.  But the great news is this…..as believers, God is holding our hand.  And if “the opposite side of the street” isn’t where we need to be, He won’t lead us over there.  Better yet, we can rest assured that WHEREVER HE leads us is perfect, because He’s holding our hand and guiding us to where we need to be. 

How does that make you feel? 
Things tough.....God’s got you. 
Circumstances you don’t understand....God’s got you. 
Uncertain about the future....God’s got you. 
Questioning......God’s got you. 
Need strength.....God’s got you.  
And never forget…..He loves you so much, that He’ll never, ever let go. 
That’s a promise to hold tight too! 

So, my "Love"-ly thought today.....God’s got me....forever.

- Julie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage comments provided they are respectful to all. A respectful exchange of ideas is a good thing so tell me what's on your heart too. I reserve the right to not publish any comment containing crude or offensive language or any that would disparage someone else.