Sunday, December 2, 2012

Part of His Plan





As I sit here in my comfortable chair, by the warmth of our fireplace, Buster the wonder-dog snoozing at my side, it occurs to me that I should let you know that this new venture scares me silly.

The idea of starting another blog - one not devoted to my love of paper arts, but rather to my love of Jesus Christ - is something that I've played around with for well over a year.
Played with; toyed with; bounced around; you know, all those things we do when we are scared to step out on faith and do what we know we are supposed to do.

And frankly, I've run from it.

Many times, I've felt the prompting of the Holy Spirit to speak up on a particular subject, add biblical insight to the events of the day, or simply to share my heart with anyone who would care to receive it. And I've fearfully turned off the still small whisper that was asking me to be a voice for grace in a sometimes ungraceful world.

That my friends is called disobedience. And I confess that to you all now.
And I confess it to my Jesus who I've disobeyed.

So, here we are.
Post One.
And I feel fear and freedom in the writing.
Fear because I am an imperfect person, in an imperfect world, attempting to shed light on the one and only perfection we have ever known. And feeling pretty inadequate if you must know the truth.

But my Jesus tells me that with Him all things are possible and in that truth, I find the freedom to write at the direction and prompting of the Holy Spirit.

I hope you'll take this journey with me friends. Only God knows where it will lead us, but His word tells us that in Him we breathe and move and live.
He has a plan and a purpose for all of us and I just want to play my part in His plan with an open, willing and humbled heart. 

With a Courageous Heart,
~~Robin


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and courageous venture to undertake. And what a gloriously appropriate time to begin. Today is the first Sunday of Advent. Indeed, the first day of Advent. And as we wait in joyful anticipation for the coming of Our Lord, you have begun a journey and invited us to share it with you. Thank you for your courage. Thank you for the invitation. Thank you for the reminder.
    God Bless you, ~Cynthia <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, dear Robin......I sit here with tears in my eyes and joy in my heart. You have no idea how long and how much I have prayed for this day to come for you. Don't you worry or be afraid of what you blog. The Holy Spirit will fill you with the words He wants you to put down as only He can do! I love you with all my heart..... Your Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanh you for taking a stand in writing for Jesus Christ. Stay immersed in His Word, God's Word, the Bible. Share what what He tells you to share with us and He will work His plan through us. Willingness to write for you, willingness to read and reflect for us -both with prayer. Oh what joy and glory that brings to Him.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage comments provided they are respectful to all. A respectful exchange of ideas is a good thing so tell me what's on your heart too. I reserve the right to not publish any comment containing crude or offensive language or any that would disparage someone else.