Thursday, July 2, 2015

God is Never Late


Somedays I live in 'late'. 
Always trying to squeeze out one more minute of getting something done before I have to run to the next task or event or meal. 
I have a house to manage, a business to run and a family to care for - I am a BUSY woman! 
Time is of the essence people!
Needless to say, all this running and squeezing creates a less than peaceful Robin for my family and friends. 
Heck, it's not so great for me either!

My heart and my body long for a slow-down, a respite, a breath as I trap myself in a world of 'what's next'. Living in 'late' has fed into my life of worry and anxiety and my tendency to charge ahead and get it done without waiting on the Lord to lead the way. 
Busy-ness is one of my biggest struggles and because of it, sometimes I miss what my precious Father God is trying to say to me as I urgently whiz past Him, running on to the next thing on my agenda. 
Late yet again. 

Can I get an 'Amen'?! 

But, 
(I don't like this word usually because it tends to negate whatever came before it, however this time, it belongs here), 

BUT, 

GOD is never late. 

I know you've heard it before, just let it sink in this time: 

GOD is never late. 
He knows our need and He knows our hearts and He continues to wave his arms about, trying to flag us down and get our attention. 
And I for one am oh, so grateful that He loves me that much. 

It takes a lot to slow me down some days. 
Last night, oddly enough, it was a video game. 
Ha! No, I wasn't playing, but Emma and I were sitting together watching Mark play Xbox - getting great enjoyment from his angst as he "died" many times over. (I really should video tape it sometime - it's pretty funny stuff. But I digress.)

I was working on posting yesterday's blog post on Facebook when I ran across my friend Shannon Long's Scripture Writing Plan for July. 
I'd seen it before and fleetingly thought "Oh, I should do that." and then went on to 'what's next'.....

But last night, God said, "No, not this time. Stop. And breathe. And DO this."
So, I'm listening. 
And Oh, what a sweet release it was to me. 
Day one spoke right to my heart. Right when I needed it most. 
It's allowing me to breathe today and feel peace in the crazy. 

Read this now my friends. 
Let it's truth wash over you and bring peace to your heart. 
I know God is right on time for some of you reading this today - I'm praying for you!


Philippians 4:4-9

Always be full of joy in the Lord. 
I say it again—rejoice! 
Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. 
Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything
Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 
Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. 
His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. 
Fix your thoughts 
on what is true, 
and honorable, 
and right, 
and pure, 
and lovely, 
and admirable. 
Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 
Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. 
Then the God of peace will be with you.

With a Courageous Heart, 
~~Robin
(Be sure to visit Shannon's Blog and download or print out the July Scripture Writing Plan. I'll be doing it every day this month and I challenge you to join me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and encourage comments provided they are respectful to all. A respectful exchange of ideas is a good thing so tell me what's on your heart too. I reserve the right to not publish any comment containing crude or offensive language or any that would disparage someone else.