Friday, August 8, 2014

Fill - A Five Minute Friday Post

It's a challenge to sit down and write. To create pictures in the mind from words on a page, from the heart. It's even more of a challenge to explain it all in just Five minutes.
Once again I've stepped out of my comfort zone and written based on the word prompt from the Five Minute Friday Challenge. I invite you to walk with me today and see if you can envision what I'm seeing in my mind's eye.
Soli Deo Gloria


*********************************************************************************
I fill the hours of my days with tasks that carry me from place to place.
In and out of doors.
Up and down stairs and roads and emotions.

Each day starts with my mind filling up with ideas and plans and dreams, almost all to be left behind in the aftermath of my place to place.
My in and out.
My up and down.

I want to be filled with You, Lord.
Filled to the brim with your grace.
Your peace.
Your purpose.

Too often I am filled with everything but....

Fill me up today Lord.
Fill me with vision to see what you see.
Fill me with heart to love what you love.
Fill me with more of you Lord.

Empty me of......

With a Courageous Heart,
~~Robin

 "For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things." 
 - Psalm 107:9 (ESV)


3 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I'm right there with you. I fill my days with MY plans and leave so little room for His. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful words, thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words and such a important message. Thank-you, a FMF friend.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage comments provided they are respectful to all. A respectful exchange of ideas is a good thing so tell me what's on your heart too. I reserve the right to not publish any comment containing crude or offensive language or any that would disparage someone else.